How to use Predict
WigoSwap's Predict is a decentralized, simple, and fun game that lets users test their foresight to earn rewards. Predict if the FTM-USD price will go up or down, and you'll collect a share of the round's prize pool!
Predict is a new product and works in the beta phase. As a result, we may make changes in the future to improve it. We will inform users of any changes impacting how the Predict works.
Before using Predict, you’ll need to review and accept the terms. Read and accept the conditions and click Continue.
The Predict page shows quite a bit of information. Predictions operate in 5-minute rounds. Make your prediction before a round goes live.
To enter a round, you'll need to check how long is left in the live round. There is a timer in the top-right area.
If the timer is too low, your prediction may not confirm in time. So check there's still enough time left before you make a prediction (30 seconds should be enough, but give yourself more time if you're following along with this guide).
When you're sure you have enough time, you can place your prediction for the next round.
1. In the "Next" section, you'll see an Enter Green button and an Enter Red button. Click Enter Green if you want to predict a price rise, and click Enter Red if you want to predict a price drop.
Each will have a different reward multiplier. The multiplier will change over time as the "Prize Pool" increases depending on people's predictions. The Prize Pool is shown just above the buttons.
We'll choose Green for this example.
2. A new window will open. You'll see "Commit" to commit FTM in the window for your prediction. Type the number of tokens you want to commit to your prediction for this round in the field.
3. Once you've decided the amount to commit, click Confirm and confirm your action in your wallet.
The confirm button will fade out as your transaction confirms. This short wait is why we checked the round timer earlier to make sure we would have time to make our prediction.
4. After your transaction confirms, an "ENTERED" message will appear.
There's nothing left to do now but wait for your Predict round to go live.
A live round will last for 5 minutes. You can watch the price update for 5 minutes if you'd like.
You cannot change your prediction during a live round, however. You are locked into your prediction from earlier.
After 5 minutes of the live round, your entered round will finish. Everything is automatic, so there's nothing you need to do to end the round.
1. As the 5 minutes finish, the "Live" section will change to "Calculating". Calculating the results takes a short moment.
2. After a short wait, the finished round will move and say "Ended". The round result will display either GREEN colored in up or RED colored in down.
3. If you've been busy and missed the results, you can scroll back a few rounds.
If you want to see the results for rounds you've entered that are older than a few rounds, you'll need to follow the steps below to find the results.
1. Click on the History button.
2. A "Predict History" panel will open. Click the Rounds tab. By default, you should see your most recent round at the top of the list. Click anywhere on the round to see more information.
1. If you won your entered round, a Collect Prizes button would appear. Click the button.
2. A new window will appear showing the amount of winnings you can collect with a Confirm button. Click the button and confirm the action in your wallet.
Your token winnings will now be in your wallet.
Sometimes you may be away from WigoSwap's Predict page for a while or may have forgotten to collect prizes from older rounds. You can still collect winnings owed to you from older rounds at any time.
1. Find more information on past rounds you've entered by clicking on the History button.
2. A "Predict History" panel will open. Click the Rounds tab. You can click "Not Collected" to view all rounds you've not collected the winnings yet (click the transaction if you want to see more details). Click the Collect button.
3. A new window will appear showing the amount of winnings you can collect with a Confirm button. Click the button and confirm the action in your wallet.
Your prizes will now be in your wallet.
If you'd like to see how you've done in Predict, you can view PNL (Profit and Loss) data whenever.
1. On the Prediction page, click the History button. A "Predict History" panel will open.
2. On the Predict History panel, click the Profit & Loss tab.
The tab will open with stats for your historical performance in Predict, including your net results, average return, best round, and other information.
3. You can click the View Details button at the bottom of the Profit & Loss tab to view those transactions on the FTMScan explorer.